With time various topics, most connected to the 'ancient ways,' will be covered. Some of these might be controversial in nature - you're most welcome to contribute.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Solitude ... With Rain.

Last night I listened to the softness of the rain ... I felt an itch in the hollow of my feet and I dreamed about my bow and a quiver of red-feathered arrows ...

This morning I woke up and I walked barefoot, very quietly to the front door, not to disturb the softness of the rain.  On the horizon I saw the greyness of heavy clouds and again I felt the itch in the hollow of my feet ... I looked at my bow and arrows in the corner there ...

Late this afternoon I watched the hills covered in a wet mist ... I know the pigs and deer will be out, because they feel safe ... humans don't like this weather, they all hide inside.  An itch in the hollow of my feet ... now in my heart.  I want to rip all my clothes off, grab my bow and arrows and I want to follow the rain, the clouds, the wind and the sound of frogs ...

I call this the total freedom of Being ... the need of nothing ... the Path of Heart ... the softness of the earth on your bare feet ...

... but, I think of all the barb-wire fences I need to cross, all those artificial roads, 4x4 tracks everywhere ... confused humans in large machines on the road.  I don't want to see this ... I don't need this.  I want to see other people, half naked running towards the rain ... I don't want to climb a fence ... I don't want to cross a humanoid road.

Why should I even worry or think about all of this, when the itch in my feet tell me where to go?  I know the Path of my Heart, but I fence it with barbed wire ... why??

I can hear the howl of the wind outside ... I don't want to feel the comfort of inside.  I want to be in the midst of the wind, the rain ... somewhere ... out there.  I want to make a small fire and dance naked to cure the itch in my feet ...

This is not just rain nor wind ... this is a complete change of energy ... I can feel it and I know it.  If you don't run with it, you'll be left behind.  I need to run with this, only for a little while ... I need to feed the itch in the hollows of my feet.  Even my horse can sense this ... the beauty of it ... the freedom of it all.  I can see how he looks towards the heavy clouds on the horizon ... he looks at me and calls softly to me ... not to disturb the softness of the rain ... he knows, just like I know ...

There is so much beauty in life ... if we can only open our eyes and hearts ...

No comments:

Post a Comment