With time various topics, most connected to the 'ancient ways,' will be covered. Some of these might be controversial in nature - you're most welcome to contribute.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

A Ride Out ...

Hard hot day ... hours of honest labour,
sun drawing water ... sweat on granite ...

Running in the heat of the day,
bursts of energy ... I'm alive ...

Walking past my horse ... tired,
nose in my neck ... electrifying.

Slowly brushing my horse,
energy slowly filling me ...

Smell of horse,
smell of leather ...

Tiredness gone, view from high,
small quail aiming for the sky ...

Slow canters up the ridge,
blending of horse sweat and mine ...

Horse ears move with slightest sound,
my lower body part of the horse ...

Tracks of the sly boar,
the married dingos ..

Three curious fox cubs,
hiding amongst granite boulders ...

Flight of wallabies in the shrub,
stomping of kangaroos in the shadows ...

Crystal clear and still waters,
reflecting my soul to the skies ...

Coming back ... dark hills,
covered by yellow candle light ...

Kookaburra announcing death of the day,
large bats filling evening sky ...

All this beauty in a single ride,
I'm alive ... life is beautiful ...

No comments:

Post a Comment