With time various topics, most connected to the 'ancient ways,' will be covered. Some of these might be controversial in nature - you're most welcome to contribute.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sawubona ...I See You ...

I often 'write' about the greeting "I see you."  This is very much integrated in greetings in Southern Africa, especially by the Zulu and Bushmen.  The Zulu greeting 'Sawubona' means 'I see you' and the response, Ngikhona' means 'I am here.'  This literally means that until you saw me, I didn't exist ... by recognising me, you brought me into existence.  In Zulu there's a saying, 'Umuntu ngumuntu nagabantu,' meaning, 'A person is a person because of other people.'

This is a personal validation from everyone you encounter, seeing them for who they are.  This 'caters' for the powerful intrinsic human need for validation.  Our Western greetings do not even come close to this, it only scratches the surface.  Our greetings are mostly automatic responses ... we don't really see or recognise another.  This greeting 'I see you' has very much to do with awareness and the present moment ...

Today I met two very special and beautiful souls, the husband is 90 years old and his wife in her early 80's.  This was a very powerful exchange of 'seeing' and 'feeling.'  This was not planned, just something I do every now and then ... turn up on a property to quote on something.

... to fully understand this, I must explain the 'seeing' factor.  One author asked the members of a Kalahari Bushmen clan if they can all recognise each others foot prints in the sand.  They looked at him in shock, because they thought all humans could do that ...  'Seeing' is something we all had ... once, it is not something special ... we've just lost it, because of a complete lack of awareness.

I always thought everyone can 'see' what I can see and 'feel' what I can feel.  It came as a shock when I realised that most cannot 'see' or even worse ... choose not to see.  The same with 'feeling.'  With both of these come and openness and a directness ... nothing to hide and nothing to be ashamed off, as we are all beings floating in the soup of humanity, humble beneath our own consciousness.  Once we loose our awareness we tend to put ourselves below or way above the 'seeing' and 'feeling' factors, because we have separated ourselves from the universal consciousness.

In an un-conscious world we 'have' to disconnect ourselves so that we don't feel and don't see ... We learn to speak another language, dance another dance, sing foreign songs and walk another's path.

'Touch me, but please not with your heart in your hand' ... which basically means if you do that then it means I have to do the same ... just too complicated and it seems like work.
'Look at me, but please don't look behind my eyes' ... a no go zone.
'Make love to my body, but please not to my soul' ... we need awareness for that.
'I love you' ... only means when I feel like it, otherwise I'll pull it back.  If you don't give me what I want ... 'love' will turn into any other four letter word.

Today I looked into the eyes of two people who understand all the concepts of communication, trust and respect ... the importance of seeing and feeling.  The last few years I kept to the Shadows of Unawareness, I did cut most of the 'seeing' and 'feeling' out.  What followed is very difficult to describe, but I'll try ...

I sat in a very old traditional kitchen with an old wooden stove ... two pairs of the bluest piercing eyes looking at me across a solid wooden table ... no coldness there, just the warmth of the kitchen and the warm Light behind their eyes.  Suddenly there was a connection, because I had no urge to hide the Shadows of my Soul ... it felt as if one hell of a wave hit my soul with a blast ... it felt very clean.  There was an energy I could feel so clearly and I could see it and feel within them ...

Much later, after we've fixed the world I shook the man's hand and this same jolt hit me between the eyes ... it was very emotional, within him and myself.  On the way home I was flooded with a mix of emotions of 'feeling' and 'seeing' - I could sense everything they've been through and all the Shadows within my Soul, I suddenly could 'see' clearly ...

I'm not a person that cries ... crying came very late for me in life, only when I reached my middle thirties and after I've met a beautiful soul ... the One that taught me to cry ...  I had to pull off the road, because I was suddenly overwhelmed by absolute beauty of Life and I've been swimming in it all day long.

Something happened to me on the way back from up North ... the beginning of a Path, something I cannot neglect anymore ... just something I need to do.  The moment I realised this, the Wild One left me ...

What I call the Knowing is slowly coming back to me and this time I'll never hide it again, I'll never be ashamed of it again.  I'll never teach myself again not to look to deep into peoples eyes, because they get upset about it.  I didn't get upset today, I welcomed it ... because if felt right.  If people really See You, it's a beautiful thing ... if you don't like it, don't understand it, don't feel comfortable with it ... look deep within and you'll find your own beauty ... because others Do see it, you must just recognise that ...

This might all sound strange, but I've experienced the Power of Consciousness on various levels.  I've seen it within other people and how a simple touch with awareness can change someone's life.  I've also experienced how any seeing or touching with awareness can scare the hell out of somebody ... because they prefer the Shadows with all the dust balls.  I'm also aware of the cruelty the lack of awareness can cause - 'I Don't See You ... Therefore You Don't Exist.'  This was one of the cruellest methods of exclusion and punishment members of a hunter-gatherer clan/tribe could inflict on a single person ... yet, we do this with each other on a daily basis.

The lack of awareness in any relationship is a slow method of killing souls ... yet it is also the way of looking deep within yourself to find your own consciousness.  You can only find other conscious people if you can 'see' and  'feel.'

Two beautiful souls, who I can't thank enough for 'seeing' me ... casting light onto the Shadows of my Soul ...

No comments:

Post a Comment