With time various topics, most connected to the 'ancient ways,' will be covered. Some of these might be controversial in nature - you're most welcome to contribute.

Monday, August 19, 2013

The Energy Lessons (1)...

I grew up in the Kavango region ... Northern Namibia, a place under the African sun with the beautiful Kavango river cutting through some amazing country.  The energy visible in the green of the trees, the darkness of the water, the cry of the Fish Eagle, the whiteness of the teeth in the smile of the Kavango native ... the trot of the Bushman ...

When I was about 14 years old, I was the lucky winner of Bilharzia, Malaria and Yellow Fever ... all in one go.  This nearly killed me.  Bilharzia is a terrible disease and played havoc in the Armed Forces of Southern Africa ... especially northern Namibia and Rhodesia, crippling many soldiers.

This parasite can live for up to 30 years in the human body.  I thought I was Bilharzia free, but only learned after the Army that I still had it.  I went through my whole 3 years in the Defence Force with Bilharzia.  I was treated again, just before I went to University ... only to realise 15 years later that I still had it.  I was last treated here in Australia ... also had some tumours removed from my bladder.  Some people get tumours in the brain and spine ... lethal, I was very lucky.

I can remember days in the Army where I couldn't get out of bed ... I kept going.  I can remember being diagnosed with Yuppie Flu (whatever that is) during my student years, only to drag myself out of bed to run the mountains of Stellenbosch ... vomiting all the way up ... feeling like a new person coming down.

I learned during these years that running in 40 degrees plus, killed every bloody thing in my body ... better than any antibiotic known to man.  I still run in the heat and I will do so until I fall over ...

Coming to Australia I visited an acupuncturist for the first time and he became a very good friend of mine ... a very religious and spiritual man with amazingly psychic abilities.  Back in '96 he told me that if I carry on in this way ... so driven, running in the heat, fighting everyone taller than me etc., I'll be a cripple within 10 years.  He saw me not that long ago and his words were, "My God, you're still young ..."  I guess I don't fall into the psychic thing ...

I'm a believer in the energy within us.  At one stage in my life, this was such a problem within a relationship ... I actually tried to kill it.  I went for hypnosis, acupuncture and homoeopathy ... I did everything except getting rid of the the family jewels.  I turned into a vegetarian,  started doing Yoga, stared at flowers, studied Buddhism and  started to meditate ... I turned into a bit of a pussy ... until someone rubbed me up the wrong way ... then the dormant but very explosive energy exploded with vengeance ...

Did any of this help with the relationship ... ???  Of course not.  Energy pushes a relationship not the lack of it ...

Don't get me wrong ... I now strongly believe in the power of meditation, the direction of Buddhist philosophy, the power of Yoga ... I'll never give this up.  A gift from a parasite called Schistosomiases (Bilharzia) ...

I have learned that you can't suppress the energy within you ... don't do it for anyone.  This is who I am ... I'm not crippled by it.  I scared many people in my life, especially relationship wise ... because they couldn't handle it.  THIS IS ME ... love it or hate it.  I know I can do this until I'm close to a 100 years old.

I'll never touch anyone or anything without my heart in my hand.  I'll never get tired running in the heat of the day.  The light behind my eyes will never go ... but I'll never wait for anyone.  I'll never again go for acupuncture or whatever to slow me down.  I don't need fakking pills to keep me going.  I'll run like the wind and if you cross me, you'll know it and you'll feel it ... just because this is who I am.

Man it feels good to be back in the saddle ... this summer I'll run naked with a spear again ... I can feel many pigs biting the dust ...


No comments:

Post a Comment