With time various topics, most connected to the 'ancient ways,' will be covered. Some of these might be controversial in nature - you're most welcome to contribute.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

My Wild Rice ...

When I'm free & wild ... I ALWAYS cook rice this way.  The way to cook it, I learned from Chinese friends of mine ... very simple.  Chuck any amount of rice into a pot ... add water to it to such an amount that if you stick your finger in it ... the tip should touch the rice and the first crevice/joint should touch the surface  of the water ...  Turn the heat up to maximum and boil the rice until the water level is even with the rice ... turn down to the lowest heat, cover with a lid and leave for about 20 minutes ...

But ... this is what I do ... I add a bit of salt in the beginning, with a good dose of Olive Oil ... then I add any of the following or all ... depending on how Wild I feel.  A good dose of mixed herbs and/or ginger and/or spring onions and/or garlic ...

I always cook a large amount as I can either freeze or keep it for future use ...

No comments:

Post a Comment